Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yugioh is srs bsns, gais

Locals today sucked. There isn't a real tournament on Sundays, and at one point I played this extremely cocky X-Saber player. His attitude basically ruined the rest of the day for me.

So game 1 he opens up with Fulhelmknight and a face-down since he went first. Next turn I MST and decide to go into Murmillo with a Test Tiger play since I didn't want to deal with the chance of him Synchro Summoning. I then set CED and some random card. On his turn, he summons Airbellum and activates Saber Slash. Here is where he went all pissy-pissy. I wanted to CED my Laquari, which should force him to destroy his Airbellum, right? I know this is the case, since I played at a WCQ public event where a judge ruled that that is what happens. However, he argues that Saber Slash targets at activation and all of this random crap. My friend backs me up, and when he ends and I start my turn, he scoops, saying that he doesn't want to put up with this GB crap and he'll end it in the next two games.

He starts game 2 with just a Boggart Knight and a set card. In his carelessness and rage (lol), I saw that the face-down was Dust Tornado. I sided in a lone Cyber Dragon, and happened to draw it. I summon that and a GB and attack with both, then tag into Bestiari and set a card during my MP2. He says something along the lines of "I'll rape you next turn." He goes Summoner Monk into Cat and tributes it for 2 Airbellum after using Giant Trunade. He then drops Faultroll, Synchro Summons into Arcanite, blows up my field and attacks with 2 Airbellums and a Faultroll, discarding a Test Tiger and Cat from my hand. He questions whether or not he should go into Gottoms, and decides not to for some odd reason. Next turn I bring out Laquari to attack into an Airbellum and get Darius to fuse into Gyzarus. I set 2, and next turn when he summons a monster I pause to consider whether or not to TT the field (at which point he would be top-decking), and he just decides to scoop. He says that he'll destroy me with Infernity, and I just refuse to play him.

I hate dealing with players with bad attitudes. Also, why do people hate playing against Gladiator Beasts? Sure they've been around for a long, long time, and turns take a little bit longer when GBs tag out, but that doesn't mean that it requires less skill to play than some luck-sack, stupidly broken deck like X-Sabers. In fact, GB is by far one of the hardest decks to play correctly...

No comments:

Post a Comment