Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday Swiss Rounds 8/14/10

So today was a pretty good day...

I finally got some Consecrated Light for my Side Deck, which will make the BW match-up a lot easier. I didn't get them until the end of the day, but that didn't matter since I went undefeated all 5 rounds of the tournament... which is pretty surprising considering the fact that I haven't been playing much. However, improvement in my game is definitely showing. I didn't run into any X-Saber or Infernity decks today, which was definitely an advantage. I got 1 pack for my $4 entry fee and 2 packs for winning. Not bad in today's economy.

Round 1: Machina Jinzo Returner
I won the dice roll (I won all but one today), so I started off by setting a GB (bluffing Hoplomus is fun) and setting Trap Dustshoot and Bottomless Trap Hole. My opponent had two Gearframe in hand as his only monsters, so I sent one back. I saw no S/T removal, so my BTH was able to remove the Gearframe that he summoned. Surprisingly, I was unable to draw any War Chariots (which was a trend throughout the day), but I was able to win 2-0 with strong field presence and endgame Heraklinos.

Round 2: Cloudian
This match was stupidly easy. I went into Gyzarus once each game and easily won 2-0 even without being able to draw into my Chariots.

Round 3: Zombie
First game was easy. I was able to bring out a Gyzarus after he pushed with Synchros without any back row protection. The second game clearly shows that I am still new to this game. I sided out Giant Trunade and three Dust Tornado for two Crevice and two D-Fissure, forgetting that Rescue Cat cannot be used when D-Fissure is out on the field. That almost lost me the game when I had a full back row with D-Fissure and only Rescue Cat in hand. I was brought down to 1700, but a well-timed Solemn allowed me to regain field advantage and win the match 2-0.

Round 4: Fabled/Dark World
The player wasted his hand first game by repeatedly using Honest to get over my monsters with Lurrie (lol). After I was able to get rid of Lurrie, I basically won. He drew a better hand second game and started with a Thunder King and a few set cards. I forgot how, but I eventually got rid of it and a Stardust Dragon to win game two.

Round 5: Blackwing
I hate Blackwings. I came back to win game one after my opponent made a big second-turn push. I was sitting at around 1500 LP. I lost game two when my opponent opened with both Skill Drain and Oppression. I was able to MST Drain, but next turn my opponent made a push with Sirocco and two Bora after he used Heavy Storm. Game three was purely luck, since my opponent was unable to draw into any monsters all game bar DAD and Gale.

I got first, being the only one to go 5-0 in the group of 17. There were surely better players than the ones that I've played, but unfortunately I was never matched up with them today.


No comments:

Post a Comment