Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Couple of Things...


blah

After doing poorly for the third time this format (I have only played three times this format), I'm going to drop Gladiator Beasts for the time being. Trap Stun, Effect Veiler Royal Decree, and Cold Wave, although the former two can be useful in Gladiator Beasts, are actually detrimental to the deck's strategy. Also, I simply cannot beat the person who plays Gemini City at my locals. Instead, I'm going to jump on the Gemini bandwagon since Gemini Spark is so ridiculously good this format considering the prevalence of Trap Stun and Royal Decree (as well as Seven Tools, more recently). I'm not following the traditional Light Gemini Beat, however. I saw a similar decklist to the one that I'm about to present on Shriek a while back, and I've been wanting to test it out ever since.

I like to call it "Royal Lacooda Beat."

Monsters: 11
1x Malefic Stardust Dragon
3x Elemental Hero Neos Alius
3x Gravekeeper's Commandant
3x Des Lacooda
1x Elemental Hero Stratos


Spells: 16
3x Gemini Spark
3x Book of Moon
3x Royal Tribute
2x Necrovalley
2x E - Emergency Call
1x Reinforcement of the Army
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole

Traps: 13
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Dark Bribe
2x Seven Tools of the Bandit
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Magic Drain
1x Dimensional Prison
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Royal Oppression
1x Scrap-Iron Scarecrow


Royal Tribute is amazing. The low monster count is obviously to prevent the deck from possibly losing advantage from the card. I'm going to test this next weekend. I've considered Hero Blast, but Necrovalley, which is really only in the deck for Royal Tribute, goes against that. Monster Reborn is still in the deck since it's a luck-sack card. Commandant is an awesome beater after Tribute...

Mini Monster Binders are so cool.

Dek Prot sleeves are alright so far, mainly only because they are so cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment