Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I lie

As time goes by, abandoned ideas become abandoned.

new banlist gives me the belief that this summer will be fun

Sure, Book of Moon is limited, and I won't be able to use it as often, but then again neither will my opponent. That just means I have two less copies to play against, and only two Warnings to play around. Veiler is still around, though. I'm currently messing around with a GB build that neglects Test Tiger. Although that card has its merits and although Book, the easiest counter, is only at one now, it still remains to be a card that always seems to eat up my hand. When the Exceed mechanic comes here (hopefully during the summer, when I'll be playing most often), GB will be able to compete, with Darius or Gyzarus into Murmillo/Retiari. The new priority ruling kind of helps out GB as well, as the only card really affected is Test Tiger. 

I've been using Shrink as of late. Post-banlist the card will be pretty decent, as Honest and Kalut will both be at 1. Shrink saves monsters against BTH as well, which will be expected to see more play again once that priority ruling kicks in. 

2x Laquari
2x Equeste
2x Darius
1x Murmillo
1x Retiari
1x Bestiari
1x Hoplomus
2x Spirit Reaper
1x Prisma
1x CyDra

3x GPG
3x Shrink
2x MST
1x Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x BoM
2x Smashing Ground

2x War Chariot
1x Dust Tornado
1x Seven Tools
1x CED
1x D. Prison
1x TT
1x M. Force
1x Magic Drain
1x Royal Oppression
1x Trap Stun
1x Solemn Judgment
1x BTH

lol@traps -- I figure that a wider variety of traps allows me to have more answers to problems, rather than "oh, I wish I drew into one of my three Chariots that game." Roughly half of the traps are anti-monsters, and the others are anti-S/T. Who cares what I'm doing, I'm poor ( = no Warnings).

Why the hell couldn't Warning be common like it was in OCG. I would buy boxes if commons were regularly that good.

ah, epitomizes school

3 comments:

  1. Magic Drain is a bad card so take it out for another Bottomless Trap Hole and I would start using a lone Trap Hole once the prio rulings is offficial in the TCG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not using it so much as a negation, but rather as means for them to be forced to ditch their one of their combo cards. LSS is consistent because of Gateway/United/Smoke Signal/RoTA. It hurts quite a bit if they are forced to discard one of those to activate a Trunade or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still meh, just use Dust Tornados, since it's still a one for one. Also, they can't swarm if they have no Six Samurais out since you got rid of them with Bottomless Trap Hole.

    ReplyDelete