Sunday, September 5, 2010

Weekend Locals 9/4 9/5

I had fun today.

The X-Saber guy who was pissy a few weeks ago played Lightsworn today and apologized to me. We played two matches and started a third; we split the first two matches 2-0 both times, and I was leading the third 1-0. I was playing a lot better today... the 2 Dust Tornado that I decided to put in fits my play-style really well, so that's a keeper. Lightsworns hardly have any defense, but it's hard to come back when they Trap Stun/Cold Wave and then JD the field. BoM laughs at Honest though, so it's all good. There was also a Gemini City build that I was able to 2-1, but I lost to this experienced player using SalvoDAD. That deck is really consistent... I sided in N. of Crossout and Cydras but was unable to draw them. I also played Machina Gadget, losing 2-0. I don't know how people say it's so easy, since I was unable to bring out Heraklinos both games. I still need a third Cydra and Chimeratech Fortress, so maybe that's the problem. I also need to be more aggressive against that deck, since I'm afraid of their 1-for-1 removal. I didn't draw into my Trap Stuns at all that match, so I'm going to blame my fear on that...

Saturday was pretty lame though. I went 1-2 and scrubbed out, with my only win being Blackwings. They're pretty much a joke now, with Oppression and Whirlwind both at 1. I lost a mirror match that mained Effect Veiler and a Gemini City deck. Both matches I could have definitely won if I played my hands differently. There was one point during the Gemini City match that I can recall... he had Neos Alius and a set S/T on the field, and my best play that I could make was Prisma/Tiger into Gyzarus. I made the mistake of thinking that no one would run Starlight Road this format, and I was punished. I got rid of the Stardust pretty easily, but that was a wasted resource that I could have avoided. Sucks...

Anyways, here are a couple of things that I learned this weekend.
- BoM wrecks even more so now that many people run Trap Stun.
- When Gyzarus is the only choice and there is only 1 monster and 1 S/T on the opponent's side, target only the monster.
- Stratos is pointless for the deck... Samnite will be tested next week.
- Starlight Road is still somewhat useful mained, and if worst comes to worst, there's always the option of triggering your own Starlight Road.
- Dark Hole should definitely be mained... I don't know why I was stupid in thinking that I don't need it.
- Monster Reborn is broken and shouldn't be in the game. Why the hell is it back?
- Bluffing Hoplomus by setting Test Tiger loses games, but it's still fun and gives you a free turn, lol.
- I need a third Cydra and Chimeratech Fortress.
- Gemini Spark is extremely good this format.
- Effect Veiler and Solemn Warning are both amazing (understatement).
- I'm poor, so no Veiler or Warning yet...
- Tag into Equeste as often as you can, unless something else takes priority..

No comments:

Post a Comment